- For several reasons. First of all we take great care of preparing your itinerary in such a way as to ensure that you will tread the best trails and see the most beautiful places for that limited amount of time you can afford to hike. Secondly, when you book with us you won't be worrying about shelter (it might be nice mountain hotel on the top of a ridge, family guesthouse in a picturesque village, or hut near beautiful tarn in high mountain corrie) and food (always the best available). And, finally our prices are very attractive.
Our excursions are guided and self-guided.
There are no limits. From a weekend inspiring climb to some magnificent peak to month-long far and wide journey through wilderness.
We would be delighted to. Simply contact us by email on email@example.com and tell us which mountain(s) you are interested in, how many hours you'd like to walk each day, duration of your vacation and the number of people in your party and we will make the best itinerary for you.
The price includes all meals (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner), accommodation, transport, mountain rescue insurance and guide’s fee. The price does not include plane/railroad tickets to and from Sofia, personal travel insurance, drinks and entrance fees for museums, caves, etc.
Yes, you can.
Yes, it is vital to buy your travel insurance in your country before leaving for Bulgaria. In addition we can buy for you and your party a local mountain rescue insurance which will be included in the price.
About the trip
Sometimes we do, sometimes we do not. As a rule in the high mountains (Rila and Pirin) for the variety of reasons (one of them lack of roads between the huts) people travel from hut to hut carrying all their belongings in a rucksack. In Rhodopes mountains it is possible to organise luggage transfers between overnight stops.
On our excursions, with each night spent at a different location, we make use mostly of small family hotels and huts. They all have warm and friendly atmosphere. Some of the accommodations are in en-suite rooms with private bathrooms, but in the huts and chalets high up in the mountains, the accommodation may not provide private facilities.
Yes. Vegetarian meals, vegan meals and special restricted diets are always available. Please tell us of this requirement when booking.
We shall meet you at Sofia aimport or Sofia main railroad terminal.
We will transport you to Sofia airport or Sofia main railroad terminal at the right time to catch your plane or train.
To get the maximum enjoyment out of your walking tour you should be in good shape. You should also make sure that your footwear is comfortable. If you are going to wear boots you've had for some time, make sure that they will last the tour out. If you are going to buy new boots for the tour make sure that you have worn them on several walks before the tour.
- Good rucksack, of about 65 litres capacity, with a couple of external zip-up pockets and waterproof liner, should be robust and feel comfortable.
- Small day pack.
- Boots – the most important item, should fit well, have good ankle support, sturdy soles and sturdy sides, with good grip on the soles, should be used already by you at least twice.
- Sandals or runners for the non-walking time.
- Flip-flops or slippers for the evenings in the hotels and huts.
- Four pairs of socks.
- Three changes of underwear.
- Three long-sleeved shirts.
- Two pairs of trousers, should be robust and light enough to dry quickly after washing or if you get wet, should be of a looser fit than you normally wear to allow freedom of movement.
- Waterproof jacket with hood.
- Polar or woolen pullover.
- Gloves and woolen hat.
- Sun hat with broad brim to protect the vulnerable nose and the back of the neck.
- Sun glasses.
- Swimsuit, just in case.
- Water bottle.
- Torch or head torch and spare set of batteries.
- Pocket knife.
- Loud whistle to summon assistance in emergency.
- Towel and a piece of soap.
- A roll or two of toilet paper.
- Tube of high factor sun lotion to protect your face and neck.
- Lip balm.
- Small amount of washing liquid for washing clothes.
- Medical kit – paracetamol for headaches, aspirin for inflammations in the joints, plasters for small cuts, antiseptic cream to prevent infection, mosquito repellent, etc.
Also you can take one or two extendible walking poles. They are extremely useful when you are going down hill and when you are fording streams.
Gaiters are not essential in summer/autoumn.
Ensure that all your gear is thoroughly waterproof. Put all your items in heavy duty plastic bags, and then put the plastic bags in the rucksack.