The Pack Includes
• Detailed Itinerary
• GPS Track of your trail
• Nights' accommodation in the huts
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
Sunset in Pirin
Days 4 Distance 52 km Ascent 2671 m Descent 4213 m
This four-day trail in the western part of the Mountain provides stunning panoramas especially at dawns and at sunsets. This magic of the Mountains has its geological explanation. Part of the Pirin is from white limestone rocks, which turn their colour into pale rose under the morning and evening rays of light.
Day 1: Walk from the hut Vihren to the hut Sinanitsa. After crossing the area around the hut Vihren that is famous for its beautiful lakes, the path heads up to the Georgiyski ridge to have a glimpse at the Georgiyski Lakes. The evening will give you the unforgettable experience to spend the night at the hut Sinanitsa settled on the shore of the famous Sinansko Lake.
Day 2: Walk from the Sinanitsa hut to the hut Begovitsa (Kamenitsa). The path passes by the hut Spano pole that can be used as a rest spot.
Day 3: Walk from the hut Begovitsa to the Pirin hut.
Day 4: Walk from the hut Pirin to the small town of Melnik. Going down you will zigzag trough the gully of sandstone pyramids next to the Melnik town.
- Difficulty: Despite the fact that the trail is at the highest part of the mountains, the trail is gentle, without big ascends and descends, the length of the walk is moderate and there is plenty of time to relax at the edge of the lakes, engulfing the tranquility of the nature.
- Accommodation: The huts are well-maintained; the hut-keepers offer food and beverages. The huts are frequently visited, so you need to book the beds in advance.
- There are mini-buses that go twice a day from the town of Bansko to the hut Vihren.
- From the finishing point: There are buses that connect the town of Melnik with the city of Sofia.
- Security: The trail is secure. All parts of the trail are marked. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Book your Trip Here
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures