The Pack Includes
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• GPS Track of your trail (new)
• Detailed Itinerary (up to 7 days)
• Hut Reservations (up to 6 person)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
Days 4 Distance 34 km Ascent 2029 m Descent 2569 m
This four-day trail is a set of walks that demonstrates the beauty of the Mountains in its varied forms. After setting off through an ancient forest to the highest part of the Pirin, you will traverse the rocky cirques cut by the glaciers many years ago. What makes the experience unique is the astonishing number of the lakes that lie at the funnels of those cirques and the possibility to camp around some of them, as there are built cosy huts. The highest section of the trail that is from the hut Tevno Lake to the hut Vihren is arguably the most beautiful in the whole Mountains.
Day 1: Walk from the hut Gotse Delchev to the hut Bezbog. The hut Bezbog is attractively located near the lake Bezbog.
Day 2: Walk from the Bezbog hut to the hut Tevno Lake. You will pass by many lakes but the most unforgettable is the biggest lake in the Mountains - Popovoto Lake.
Day 3: Walk from the hut Tevno Lake to the hut Vihren. The path goes along the main ridge. From it you will have the possibility to watch many rocky cirques and their lakes. You will have the great opportunity to camp around the Tevno Lake in the small hut there, which offers food and shelter.
Day 4: Walk from the Vihren hut to the town of Bansko.
- Difficulty: It is a trail for advanced hikers. Despite the fact that the whole length and accumulated ascend/descends are not very big, the walk from Day 3 is prolonged and the rocky terrain is tiring.
- Accommodation: The huts are well-maintained; the hut-keepers offer food and beverages. The huts are frequently visited, so you need to book the beds in advance.
- To the starting point: There are 11 km asphalt road that leads to the area of the Gotse Delchev hut from the town of Dobrinishte. You can use a taxi from it or Bansko town.
- From the finishing point: There are buses that connect the town of Bansko with the city of Sofia.
- Security: The trail is secure. All parts of the trail are marked. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Book your Trip Here
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures