The Pack Includes
• Detailed Itinerary
• GPS Track of your trail
• Nights' accommodation in the huts
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
Days 4 Distance 44 km Ascent 2234 m Descent 3222 m
This four-day trail is a collection of several very different walks that present the variety of the Mountain. After traversing some of the rocky cirques with their beautiful lakes on the first day, you will walk for hours at the green meadows on the second. The next day you will walk along deep valleys surrounded by rugged peaks and finally you will reach the town trough an ancient forest following the sparkling water of a river that gathers the small mountain streams.
Day 1: Walk from the hut Vihren to the hut Sinanitsa. After crossing the area around the hut Vihren that is famous for its beautiful lakes, the path heads up to the Georgiyski ridge to have a glimpse at the Georgiyski Lakes. The evening will give you the unforgettable experience to spend the night at the hut Sinanitsa settled on the shore of the famous Sinansko Lake.
Day 2: Walk from the Sinanitsa hut to the hut Begovitsa. The path passes the hut Spano pole that can be used as a rest spot.
Day 3: Walk from the hut Begovitsa to the Demyanitsa hut through the area of the Tevno Lake. The area, where the Tevno Lake is settled, is considered as the heart of the Mountains. You can stop for a rest here as the nearby hut offers food and refreshing drinks.
Day 4: Walk from the Demyanitsa hut to the town of Bansko along the course of the river Demyanitsa in the shades of the ancient coniferous forest.
- Difficulty: Despite the fact that the trail is at the heart of the Mountains, the trail is gentle, without big ascends and descends, the length of the walk is moderate and there is plenty of time to relax at the edge of the lakes, engulfing the tranquility of the nature.
- Accommodation: The huts are well-maintained; the hut-keepers offer food and beverages. The huts are frequently visited, so you need to book the beds in advance.
- To the starting point: There are mini-buses that go twice a day from the town of Bansko to the hut Vihren.
- From the finishing point: The town of Bansko is served by a regular bus line to the capital Sofia.
- Security: The trail is totally secure. All parts of the trail are marked. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Book your Trip Here
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures