The Pack Includes
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• GPS Track of your trail (new)
• Detailed Itinerary (up to 7 days)
• Hut Acommoddation
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
Days 3 Distance 39 km Ascent 2645 m Descent 2645 m
This three-day loop at the highest part of the Rila Mountain combines walks through all its magical features: a splendid forest walk, a hike along the edge of a terraced cirque with several shimmering lakes and above all- an ascend of the highest peak of the mountain- the peak of Musala (2925m).
Day 1: Walk from the resort of Borovets to hut Zavratchitsa along so called „Royal” road.
Day 2: Walk from the hut Zavratchitsa to the hut Musala. You will climb up the peak of Musala from the southern flank and will go down in the North. The peak of Musala (2925m) is not only the highest peak of the Rila, but also on the entire Balkan Peninsula.
Day 3: Walk from the Musala hut to the resort of Borovets along the river Musalenska Bistritsa.
- Difficulty: The difficulty is moderate. Despite the fact that you will climb up the peak of Musala, the highest peak of the mountains, everybody that is in a good physical shape is capable to do it. The perfect panoramas make the climb pleasant and the time goes unnoticed.
Accommodation: The huts are well-maintained; the hut-keepers offer food and beverages. The hut of Musala is frequently visited, so you need to book the beds in advance.
- To / from the starting point: There is a regular bus line that connects the capital Sofia with the town of Samokov. From it there are regular buses that go to the resort of Borovets.
- Security: The trail is totally secure. It is along well marked paths. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Booking a Track
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures