The Pack Includes
• Detailed Itinerary
• GPS Track of your trail
• Nights' accommodation in the huts
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
Winter Rila - Mechit
Days 3 Distance 21 km Ascent 1220 m Descent 1220 m
This three-day walk explores the Northern-Western part of Rila National Park. The area is strewn with high peaks (over 2500 m) that give it an Alpine appearance.
The Govedartsi village is a perfect place to extend the walk with several days. It is a cross point of many trails: to Malyovitsa Hut, to Vada Hut, to Zekiritsa peak and to Ovanarsko area. It offers a nice accommodation at small family hoses.
Day 1: Walk from the village of Govedartsi to the Mechit hut along a wide road.
Day 2: The walk starts from the Hut Mechit and continues to a saddle on the main Malyovitsa ridge along so called “Royal road” that is an old high-mountain road. From this saddle it is possible to prolong the walk to one of the highest peaks near it: Budachki kamak or Golyam Mechit. However, this depends on the weather conditions and the snow cover at the moment.
Day 3: Walk from the hut Mechit to the Govedartsi village.
- Difficulty: The average difficulty is moderate.
- Accommodation: The hut are well-maintained, offer food and beverages.
- Transport: There is public transport to the village of Govedartsi from and to Sofia.
- Security: The trail is totally secure. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.