The Pack Includes
• Detailed Itinerary
• GPS Track of your trail
• Nights' accommodation in the huts
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
The Seven Rila Lakes - Rila Monastery
Days 3 Distance 31 km Ascent 2420 m Descent 2014 m
If you have only 3 days for hiking in the Rila National Park this trail is the best choice as it offers splendid panoramas in the Mountains and the area of the Seven Rila Lakes and passes through the Rila Monastery. Arguably these are the most famous landmarks in Bulgaria. The strength that it requires is moderate. The accommodation is at huts that offer food. If you want, during the day 3 you can spend the night at the Monastery.
Day 1: Walk from the village of Sapareva Banya to the Skakavitsa hut through the forest.
Day 2: Walk from the Skakavitsa hut to the hut Ivan Vazov through the area of the Seven Rila Lakes.
Day 3: Walk from the hut Vazov to the Rila Monastery along an open ridge with beautiful views.
- Difficulty: The average difficulty is moderate.
- Accommodation: The huts are well-maintained, offer food and beverages. They are ones of the most visited, so you need to book the beds in advance.
- To the starting point: There is public transport to the town of Doupnitsa from Sofia. From it you can continue to the Sapareva Banya village by bus.
- To the finishing point:There is a bus in the late afternoon that connects the Rila Monastery with Sofia.
- Security: The trail is totally secure. It is along well marked paths. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Book Your Trip Here
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures