The Pack Includes
• Tourist map of the mountain (per post)
• GPS Track of your trail (new)
• Detailed Itinerary (up to 7 days)
• Hut Reservations (up to 6 person)
• Hut Contacts
• E-mail assistance
• Phone assistance
• Time tables of local public transport
• Local taxi companies contacts
The Pack Does Not Include
• Travel to and from Bulgaria
• Organised luggage transport from hut to hut
• Personal expenses
• Tour guide – this is a self guided trip
• Local transfers
• Travel insurance
The Seven Rila Lakes and the Malyovitsa peak
Days 3 Distance 35 km Ascent 2726 m Descent 2541 m
This hike is one of the most famous and scenic hike in the Rila National Park due to the best panorama in the Mountain as: The Seven Rila Lakes, The Urdini Lakes, The peak of Malyovitsa and the Yonchevo Lake. The strength that it requires is moderate but the terrain is rocky. The accommodation is at huts that offer food. For the Day 3 there is more scenic and more difficult option.
Day 1: Walk from the hut Pionerska to the Vazov hut through the area of the Seven Rila Lakes.
Day 2: Walk from the Vazov hut through the peak of Malyovitsa to the hut Malyovitsa. This peak is arguably the most scenic in the Rila mountain. The path skirts along the area of the Urdini lakes, as beautiful as the Seven Rila Lakes.
Day 3: Walk in the area of the Yonchevo lake.
- Difficulty: The average difficulty is moderate. The toughest part is the climbing down the peak of Malyovitsa. It is totally touristic and safe, but the terrain is rocky and steep. You need of good shoes and strong knees.
- To the starting point: There is no public transport to the hut of Pionerska. You can use a taxi from Sapareva Banya, the village that is served by a bus line from Doupnitsa town that is connected with Sofia by buses and train.
- To the finishing point: There is a bus in the late afternoon that connects TsPSh-Malyovitsa with Samokov town that is served by a bus line to Sofia.
- Security: The trail is totally secure. It is along well marked paths. The area is served by the mountain rescue teams.
Book your trip here
*Self Guided Tour
A note on our self guided adventures